January 25 - February 8: Sign up process.
You'll sign up in a comment to this post using the form below, but here is a step by step guide to the rest of rarewomen!
- Request 2-3 fandoms (at least one must be a large fandom) with up to 5 women in each. Provide optional details for your author such as pairins, anything you don't want, and a basic prompt or plot idea.
- Offer endless fandoms and women (at least one must be a large fandom)
- Write dear author letter & link it in your sign up (this is optional, but most authors I've encountered prefer to have some guidance)
- prozacpark and I collect signups -- we'll give you the OK and record you on our spreadsheets and fancy request/offer page. If you need to edit our sign up, ONLY do so by replying to your original sign up.
- We manually create best matches for each participant. Lists of women will be treated as and/or -- so remember to offer and request MORE as MORE will provide a higher percentage match for each participant.
- On/around February 15(pending difficulty) assignments will go out
- Unmatchable participants will be offered for immediate pinch hits in this community
- On April 30, stories are due. What that means for this exchange: You will post your story wherever you like (literally, whereEVER. We'll also have a totally optional collection on AO3 if that's your posting place of choice) no sooner than April 30 (later in case of emergency or no access to internet). You will also use the (to-be-provided) format to post your story link (or under a cut) to the rarewomen community. We'll also have several 'bonus challenges' for you to tag your fic with: "Bechdel Test Pass," "Woman of Color," and "Queer Woman" to start with, and we may think of more!
- Read tons of amazing lady fic!
Here is the finalized master list of nominated fandoms and women from which to choose from:
*I recommend c/ping the text to a side document and deleting stuff you aren't offering, for the most complete sign up.
*Remember to look over the list and request/offer only nominated fandoms and ladies.
*We'll try to match with the optional details and prefer to write in mind, but make no promises! :modly flail:
[comments are screened until approved, and apologies for any difficulty the screening has caused. Learn and grow with us! Haha. If you'd like an example, check out my sign up] SIGN UPS ARE NOW CLOSED